Theuniskraal Wine Estate
Tulbagh Wine Route
Busses Welcome, Outside Seating, Wheelchair Friendly, Pet Friendly
Three families settled in the Tulbagh valley in 1699. One had a son named Theunis, who was granted land to the north of the village. His property was originally named Theuniskuyl, but by 1785, when vines were already being cultivated there, the name had changed to Theuniskraal. In 1927 the widow Jordaan from De Doorns bought the farm for her two sons. The elder, Andries, farmed on Theuniskraal, while the younger, Harry, did so on Agenda, a portion of the original farm. The Jordaan family tradition continues at the farm to this day. Currently, there are 140ha under vine, planted with ten varieties.
White and Dessert Wines
Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Rosé
Mountain Biking Trails