When: 31 Jul, 2019 - 31 Jul, 2019
Where: Namaqua Wines
The contents of the 2019 Winetech Study Groups
Study group 1: Composition of grapes; ripening of grapes; receive and off-loading of grapes.
Study group 2: Destemming and crushing of grapes; cooling of grape mash.
Study group 3: Separation of juice and skins before fermentation.
The following applies to the study groups:
- Three study groups each for the Afrikaans and Xhosa cellar assistants are presented in the different participating regions from June until end of August.
- Confirmation letters will be mailed beforehand to confirm the study group of the relevant month.
- Confirmation of participation is essential.
- The study groups are presented by a qualified winemaker, Nomonde Kubheka.
- Participation is free of charge and the number of participants is not limited.
- All cellar assistants are welcome to attend, including semi-literate and illiterate individuals.
- The ID numbers of individuals will be required in order to participate.
- Study groups will not be presented to groups smaller than 12 cellar assistants.
- The study groups last 1 ½ hours each and will start at 09:00 sharp.
- Attendance registers will be electronically available to participating cellars.
- A letter, which can be used for BEE purposes, will confirm the rand value of the study groups and will be available to participating cellars.
- Notes in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa will be available electronically to participating cellars.
- After each study group the cellar assistants will be evaluated and the forms will be returned to the cellar assistants at the next session.
- The scores achieved during the evaluation will be available electronically once a month.
- The evaluations will determine the top 10 candidates for 2019.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL!
For more information please contact Santi Basson at email@example.com or telephone number +27.722988186.
More Information: www.winetech.co.za